Atlanta Immigration Attorneys

What is a Visa? ——-

A visa is a document that the U.S. Department of State prepares which gives someone a right to a reach a United States port of entry or border crossing to seek entry into the U.S. Having a visa doesn’t guarantee entry when presented as the United States Custom and Border Protection has the final say, but having a visa greatly increases your chances of gaining entry.

Typically a visa is a stamp in your passport. If you are ever directed to visit a U.S. consulate to get your visa, you will likely get this stamp or an equivalent that will let you enter the U.S.

Types of Visas

Understanding which visa could work for you is an important first step.

Our attorneys understand how difficult the process can be, and as such, we provide detailed step by step advice to alleviate the concerns and fears that arise during an immigration process.

Fiancé Visa

A fiancé visa is also known as a K-1 visa. This visa lets your fiancé́ enter the United States for 90 days so that your marriage ceremony can take place in the United States.

Religious Visa

The R-1 visa classification allows you to come to the United States temporarily to be employed by a nonprofit religious organization in the United States to work solely as a minister, in a religious vocation, or in a religious occupation.

Special Immigrant Juvenile Visa

Special Immigrant Juvenile Status is a humanitarian path to Legal Permanent Resident Status (“LPR” Status), also known as a “green card” for certain undocumented children.


The U-Visa is granted to those who have suffered psychological or physical harm as a result of being the victim of a serious crime and who have also been helpful to law enforcement agencies investigating and/or prosecuting the crime.


The T-Visa is granted to victims of serious human trafficking that have been helpful to law enforcement agencies investigating and/or prosecuting the crime.

VAWA Self-Petition

VAWA self-petitioners may self-petition for a green card if they are the victim battery or extreme cruelty committed by: a U.S. citizen spouse or former spouse; a U.S. citizen parent; a U.S. citizen son or daughter; a lawful permanent resident (“LPR”) spouse or former spouse; or an LPR parent.

Don’t face immigration alone.
Contact us today!————–

Our attorneys are ready to help you with your immigration journey. 

Pin It on Pinterest